Known as the Silicon Valley of India because of being the hub of aerospace, engineering, and electronics, Bengaluru is the Capital and the top-notch city of Karnataka. The state previously called Bangaloreis the largest city in South India, 3rd largest city in India, and the 27th largest city in the world. Encompassed with fascinating and alluring hill stations, Bangalore or Bengaluru is a megacity with more than 8 million and around 11 million metropolitan population, making it the third most crowded city and fifth most crowded urban collection in India. Being situated at a high elevation, Bengaluru City maintains a moderate climate throughout the year, admixture with perfect sun rays and rain providing relevant weather for the environment including the flora kingdom. The capital of Karnataka is also acknowledged as the Garden City of India considering its greenery and being the third greenest City in India.
The Silicon Valley of India, known for IT sectors and start-ups is also one of the jewels of tourist attractions.Some interesting places and attractions to visit in the Garden City of India, Bengaluruincludes the following:
- Bangalore Palace - Built in 1878, the Bangalore Palace is the central attraction of Bengaluru City. The palace holds an extraordinary aura thatreminds us of the culture and tradition of the forgotten period. Apart from being the centerpiece of the city, the Palace also accommodates cultural events, concerts, Rock Shows, and Weddings.
- Cubbon Park - Abode to primitive and exotic variant species of plants, Cubbon Park is situated within the heart of Bengaluru city in the Central Administrative Area. It is a perfect place for spending quality time in a calm and soothing environment surrounded by greenery all around. The Park remains open from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Adorned with several statues like the Queen Victoria statue, King Edward VII statue, Sri Chamarajendra Wodeyar statue, etc, the Park is an ideal place for a relaxing morning walk.
- Bannerghatta National Park - Situated in the Ankle Range at a distance of 21 km from the Bengaluru City, Bannerghatta National Park is abode to a wide variety of Flora and Fauna. Spread across an area of 260.51 km2, the National Park is known for its Lion and Tiger safari. A perfect place for children and animal lovers, Bannerghatta National Park is a well-defined Park.
- Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace - Summer Mansion of Mysorean Emperor Tipu Sultan, Tipu Sultan’s Summer Palace is a magnificent palace built in an Indo-Islamic architectural style. Adorned with huge pillars, beautiful balconies, and arches, the Palace gives you glimpses of the royal tradition and culture of the Tiger of Mysore, Tipu Sultan.
- Innovative Film City - Situated at a distance of 30 km from Bengaluru city, Innovative Film City is an Indian movies-themed park filled with many fun activities and enjoyable rides. Suitable for both kids and adults, this park is spread across an area of 52 acres which can be covered in nearly 4 to 5 hours.
- BisiBele Bath - A spicy-savory, rice-based dish originating in Karnataka, BisiBele Bath is a delicious dish made with rice, toor dal, and vegies blend with spices and served with the topping of ghee. One can easily get this dish in any of the authentic Udupi-based restaurants. One of the famous dishes of Bangalore and Karnataka, BisiBele Bath is a perfect example of a simple but tempting and tasty dish.
- Ragi Mudde - One of the basic and famous meals for the Bangalore folks, Ragi Mudde is a preferred choice among the locals. Made with nutritious ragi flour and water, the Ragi Mudde tastes best withBas Saaru, made of lentils and spinach or mutton curry.
- Donne Biryani - Made with rice combined with meat and blended with a perfect quantity of spices, Donne Biryani is a spicy and luscious meal served in a bowl made with banana leaves.
Things to do
Think of Bengaluru and the first thing that comes to mind is a concrete jungle of skyscrapers and cutting-edge technology as a way of life. All that is true and a part of the city but it’s not what makes the tech city whole and a place to dream of the future, but its beautiful history, architecture, culture, and people that bring it alive. To experience the vibrancy of this hi-tech city, it is important to explore every nook and cranny of it, from its dynamic and vast cultural and historical attractions to the fascinating art, nature, market, and nightlife that Bengaluru is known for. Here is a list of some of the best things to do and explore in Bengaluru for the best experience.
- Ulsoor Lake - Amidst the chaos of city traffic and the hustle-bustle of streets, Ulsoor Lake offers peace and quiet with its shining waters and tranquil small islands that make the lake a serene place to be. Visitors can go for a boat ride or take a stroll around the lake barefoot against the fresh grass.
- Bull Temple - A sixteenth-century Dravidian-style Hindu temple dedicated to Nandi, the Bull, also called Nandi Temple, is a unique and popular religious sanctuary in the city. Apart from being a religiously significant place, the temple boasts of a granite cut four-and-a-half-meter tall sculpture of Nandi which is always adorned with garlands and an exquisite temple exterior.
- Atta Galatta - The idea of books and coffee together under the same roof might sound appetizing to our bookworms and Atta Galatta is nothing short of heaven for them. A bookstore with a café, this place has numerous books in different languages, and you can read at your leisure while sipping fresh coffee with some munchies along.
- VV Puram Street Food - No day can go well without some delectable snacks and delicacies and VV Puram street offers just that at an affordable rate. Known for a plethora of street food items in different styles and from different states, the place deserves to be visited at least once for an extravagant indulgence.
Shopping at Bengaluru
Bengaluru City is a shopper’s paradise. The city, being home to intermingled cultures and people from different regions of India, has also developed a shopping scene that caters to a wide range of interests, tastes, and preferences. Here are the top shopping spots to check out in the city:
- Commercial Street - Known for having a variety of products and ranges, Commercial Street is one of the oldest and busiest streets in Bengaluru City. Hosting a high range of boutiques to affordable small-range shops, the street offers a variety of products be it jewelry, clothes, or footwear.
- KR Market - Experience the heart of Bengaluru thriving in KR Market which is one of the largest flower markets in Asia along with an array of wares including copper, spices, fruits, fresh produce, utensils, and food stalls selling lip-smacking street food. You will need an entire day to wander the busy alleys of the market but be prepared to take back several bags full of goodies.
- Church Streets - Named after St. Mark’s Cathedral, Church Street in Bangalore is one of the most beloved streets. Interlined with some of the oldest music shops, gift shops, bookstores, restaurants, and cafes, selling a large variety of products and tasty treats.
Bengaluru city is home to many famous and big malls where one can get branded and latest fashion clothes and accessories. Some of the popular ones are listed below:
- Phoenix Market City, Whitefield
- The Forum Mall, Koramangala
- UB City Mall, Vittal Mallya Rd
- Orion Mall, Rajaji Nagar
- Garuda Mall, Magrath Rd
- Royal Meenakshi Mall
- Mantri Square Mall, Sampige Rd, Malleshwaram
- 1 MG - Lido Mall, Old Madras Rd, Halasuru
- Inorbit Mall, Whitefield
Apart from being the Garden City and Silicon Valley of India, Bengaluru City is also known for its Night Life. Bengaluru is one of the fastest-growing and most prosperous metropolitan cities in India. As it comprises many offices of IT companies, the city is filled with IT professionals. Owing to this, it also has developed a flourishing pub and cafe culture which is more vibrant during the weekends, when working professionals like to hang out at these pubs and cafes a lot.Here are some of the most loved and recommended pubs and bars in Bengaluru:
- No Limmits Lounge and Club - No Limmits offers unlimited fun and feast. Whether it’s about partying hardwith buddies or just enjoying a couple of drinks absorbed in the cozy and luxurious atmosphere, this is the perfect place. The club has two dance floors where you can enjoy two different genres of music. The club organizes karaoke nights on Sundays.
- High Ultra Lounge - High Ultra Lounge, is one of the most popular nightclubs in Bangalore that treats you with cocktails and a wide range of spirits. Located on the 31st floor of the World Trade Center, the Pub is thehighest lounge bar in the South. Sitting at such a height and enjoying the drinks with spell bounding views of the Garden City.
- The Sugar Factory - The list of nightclubs in Bangalore can never be completed without mentioning the Sugar Factory. The Sugar Factoryis a posh club situated inside Le Meridien. The kaleidoscopic lighting, fashionable décor, and exigent party vibes at the Sugar Factory will glide you off your feet the moment you step inside it. The spacious dance floor, foot-tapping music spun by talented DJs, open pool area, and spirits are the other reasonsmaking the place a popular partying hub in Bengaluru city.
A city with a high-tech infrastructure and advanced contemporary lifestyle yet proudly boasting a vibrant culture and heritage that keeps it grounded, Bengaluru, the capital city of Karnataka, is a hub for all the wild dreams and desires one has with its wings covering both innovation and tradition.