Staple foods of Mizo cuisine include rice, with meat and vegetables (usually in the form of stews or porridge) .
Some popular dishes from Mizoram cuisine include:
- Bai – A dish made of herbs cooked with string beans and some herbs
- Veg and Non-veg stews (with vegetables or meat, garlic and herbs)
- Chhum han – A dish of mixed steamed vegetables
- Rep – A dish od smoked meat (like fish, chicken, pork or beef) cooked with spices, especially a special kind of hot chillies
- Bekang – A simple dish consisting of just fermented soya beans