Mizoram’s scene is a blend of cultures, tribes and natural beauty. It has some of the most peaceful places in the country, mainly due to lesser population of locals as well as tourists.
Some incredible places to visit in Mizoram are:
- Solomon Temple – A Christian “temple” built in white marble (resembles its namesake located in Israel).
- Mizoram State Museum – An exhibition of a collection of regional historic artefacts and objects belonging to the Mizo people and their heritage.
- Phawngpui Tlang – Also known as the “blue mountain”; it is the highest peak in the state. Usually populated by herds of mountain goats, and minimal humans, it is a peaceful abode. Also has good trekking and hiking trails that adventure enthusiasts can enjoy, along with stunning views and pleasant weather.
- Khwanglung Wildlife Sanctuary – Being a place filled with ecological spots and a good share of the country’s flora and fauna, wildlife sanctuaries are also obviously present here. This sanctuary has been preserved in Mizoram for many years, and is located about 35 km away from the capital city of Aizawl. It housed many animals such as the Indian Bengal tigers and Sambar deer.
- Vantawng Falls – Mizoram’s highest and best natural waterfall.