Madhya Pradesh has many great and interesting places that people can travel to or explore; and which are perfect for a short vacation or a weekend getaway, such as –
- Gwalior – A city that is rich in heritage, art, and culture. Has many interesting places to see and explore.
- Jabalpur – (Another lovely destination to spend an interesting weekend at; places to visit in this city include Rani Durgavati Memorial & Museum, Dumna Nature Reserve, Dhuandhar Waterfall, Marble Rocks, Bhedaghat, Bargi Dam, Pisan Hari Jain Temple, Madan Mahal Fort)
- Khajuraho – One of the most popular destinations in the state, famous for its ancient temples with stone carvings, sculptures, and fine art specimens; a UNESCO world heritage site; this is a great place to explore in a weekend.
- Pachmarhi – a hilly place where you can trek or hike and visit places like Jatashankar & Mahadeo Caves, Panar pani, Chauragarh, and Apsara Vihar.
- Amarkantyak – another beautiful hill station, with historic places; (interesting places to visit here include - Kapil Dhara falls, Shri Yantra temple, and Narmada Kund).
- Shivpuri – Perfect for a break from the routine/city hustle; (places to visit/explore here - George castle, many waterfalls and lakes, Madhav Palace).
- Choral Dam – A serene destination, great for picnics with family or friends, or to spend some time close to nature; pleasant climate and greenery; the place also has a beautiful lake (Berchha lake).
- Bandhavgarh – A place for wildlife enthusiasts; (some things to do here include jeep safaris, stay at Treehouse Hideaway Resort, experience elephant safari).
- Maheshwar – A famous little town where a good number of Indian movies are shot; also has many religious centres (like Ek Mukhi Datta Temple, and SahastarArjun Temple), and ancient monuments. Also, a great place for shopping enthusiasts - Maheshwari sarees are much loved, and are a must buy from here.